Poor Man's Solution #1

A Temporary or Permanent Toy Chest
I know this isn't food and you're thinking, "what the heck are you doing putting a craft in The Pantry's Gem?" Well it's a poor man's solution and I'm about to share it so just swallow it like good medicine.
Imagine this, you need a toy chest for your children but you don't have the money to purchase one, at least not right away. Things are very expensive these days even toy chests for the kids and if you have more than one child it can definitely get pricey. For a quick solution that your kids will love and is also personable as well as crafty, make your own. All you need is a storage bin, computer,rubber cement, scissors,  and printer. Well and ink of course because why would you use a printer without ink?
As you can see by the picture, I took a large blue bin my boyfriend and I emptied out. Instead of getting rid of it, I decided to use it as a toy chest for his children. I googled (oh yeah I forgot to mention you need google) the children's favorite things. For Jacob it's Spongebob, Avigail loves cows and Corbin loves Thomas the tank engine (and tractors but I went with Thomas for him). Anyway, I saved the images I found on google and printed them out as full page photos. Make sure when you print that the "fit to frame" option is unchecked or part of the image will get cut off. Print them out, cut them out and glue according to your decorative eye. You don't see the pictures of the sides but I did put Carebears on the side as well. It makes for a great toy chest. You can decide to keep it permanently or just until you get them the toy chests you want. Hey, maybe let them decide. It's a fun craft and you can also make it an activity you do with the kids. So this may not be food but it's a great fun way to spend time with your kids and a handy solution to your desires. Have fun!

Comments

  1. Another idea... get stickers from the dollar tree and put stickers on it. Or the dollar tree has those cloth bins that can be folded and you can get them and decorate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good suggestion Sammie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts