Poor Man's Reicpe #2

Veggie Pasta
This was made again from ingredients from the food pantry. So the food in our household is dwindling down and I couldn't figure out what we were going to eat today. I knew there was a can of peeled tomatoes and a box of penne pasta in our food cupboard. I also had a box of frozen spinach in the freezer as well as olive oil and oregano also in the cupboard. With that said I cut up the diced tomatoes and put them in the pot with the spinach along with the tomato juices from the canned tomatoes. I added two pinches of salt to the spinach and tomatoes then blended them with the pasta. I drizzled a cup of olive oil on the pasta (I cooked the whole box) and a cup of oregano. It turned out pretty good. Again it's not a lot and it's not fancy but it works. Food pantries tend to give a lot of canned and boxed goods. Sometimes it requires us to buy more ingredients that we don't have money for so you work with what you got.
These recipes aren't long nor are they creative but I just share this with you so if you're stuck on what to make on the little ingredients you have, this may get the pot stirring (pun intended). Happy cooking and things aren't completely hopeless when food is scarce.

Comments

  1. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time! I figured a lot of us are struggling right now and we need to make the most of what we got.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts