Great Places to Eat in Lancaster #3

Espino's Pizza
 There is a cute little pizza place about a block or two from Dogstar Books on W. Lemon Street in Lancaster City. Don't blink because you could miss it. Espino's Pizza is Lancaster City's best kept secret.
I've had my share of eating at different pizza places like House of Pizza (near MU campus), Sugar Bowl (MU campus), Two Cousins (near MU), and Luciano's in Manor Shopping Center. If I don't order a pizza you will commonly find me with a chicken parmesan sub, eggplant parmesan sub, a calzone, or a stromboli. I have had a chicken parmesan sub at the Sugar Bowl and Luciano's which were yummy to my tummy but I have found one that is far better than the yummy to my tummy chicken parm and that my friends belongs to Espino's.
My good friend Marisol treated Jeff and myself to dinner at Espino's since we were attending a poetry reading at Dogstar Books. It was my first time in there as well as Jeff's but Marisol clearly knew the employees inside especially the owner. I got a chicken parm sub, Jeff got a chicken cheesesteak, and Marisol got rice and beans (also came with boneless ribs it looked to me).
I can tell you that this chicken parm sub is the best I have ever had. It was juicy, flavorful and most of all truly fresh. This chicken tasted so fresh it's as if they have their own chicken coup out of sight and prepare it straight from the coup kind of fresh. The way the flavors just melted in my mouth. It made my stomach feel like it had entered the Disney World of food.
The owner came out to speak with us and told us that he has been a chef for 40 years and how he enjoys bringing joy to people (not so much in those words but that's what I got from the conversation). He told us how he uses all fresh ingredients. Nothing is pre-made or processed. He believes in only fresh ingredients. I'm going to tell y'all something. He did not have to tell me that because the food speaks for itself. Who would have thought this small pizzeria Jeff and I passed several times had some of the best food in the county? This man's food made my face and my stomach smile. I can't say that about a lot of places. Want to know what it's like to feel your stomach smile? Visit Espino's Pizza at 323 W. Lemon Street, Lancaster, PA. Check out their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Espinos-Pizza-Pastas-Subs-420816281383419/ Make your tummy smile.

Comments

Popular Posts