Poor Man's Recipe #4: The I'm Frustrated Cheesy Tomato Chicken

Let's face it. Our most awesome creativity comes when we're at our lowest point. Today is definitely one of my lower points in my life so I took the last bit of inspiring ingredients and put this together. It's been getting a good amount of attention on Facebook so here I am sharing this with you. Here's what you need: 1 package of chicken tenders (skinless, unbreaded), 1 can of tomato soup, 1/2 cup of olive oil, cilantro, garlic powder, mushrooms, and about 1 cup of shredded cheese (your choice of course).
One thing I've noticed is that pantries LOVE to give you an abundance of rice. Apparently you can't have enough. I recommend starting the rice before the chicken unless the chicken is partially frozen like mine was then you want to start the chicken first. Anyway now for the chicken. Place it in a large pan (depending on the size of the chicken package, mine was large). Sprinkle garlic powder on both sides of the chicken and swirl the olive oil over the chicken. Yes I said swirl. You got to have some fun baby. When you're feeling low, turn it up a notch with a swirl.
Next wait till the chicken begins to brown then add the mushrooms in. When the chicken is browned on the outside pour the tomato soup on top and mix 1 can of water or milk if you want the soup to be creamier. Once the soup thickens up a bit throw in a few bits of cilantro. Set the temperature to medium. Bring it to a simmer then within the last few minutes of cooking add the cup of cheese. Pour the chicken goodness over the rice and sprinkle more cheese to your liking then a few more pieces of cilantro and voila! I'm sorry I don't time things. I just watch it. Yeah, I'm that kind of cook. Thanks Mom for your non-timing cooking skills.

Comments

Popular Posts