Restaurant Review: Highland Pizzeria

Highland Pizzeria is a pizzeria/bar located on Oregon Pike in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. I haven't been to many places to eat on Oregon Pike nor do I get the opportunity to dine out a lot so this was a treat. I was craving pizza yesterday so Jeff (my boyfriend) humored me and we settled on Highland.
The interior is very simple, nothing fancy but gives you that nice hometown, rustic feel. You seat yourself where ever you would like. The bar is right in front of you, a little to the left side of the restaurant when you walk in.
There's not much of a wait from the time you sit down to the time you place your order. The bartender tends to us almost immediately with our menus and taking our drink orders. That gave us enough time to decide and be ready with our order by the time he returned with our drinks. By the sound of conversation at the bar, it seemed everyone was friends or at least good acquaintances. I got the feeling that if Jeff and I were regulars, we would feel like we were hanging out at a friend's house. The atmosphere was very comforting and relaxing.
We ordered a large pepperoni and black olive pizza for dinner. Before our pizza came out, the bartender delivered condiments to us in an empty alcohol bottle carrier which I found to be very charming. It's easy for the server to deliver as well as convenient to bring them out when the customer is there rather than have it sit out all day without being used.
As you can see, the large is an actual large pizza. I've had pizza at places where the large looks like a medium and the medium looks like a small. The size is exactly what we expected and the taste was awesome. The cheese to sauce ratio was perfect. I love my cheese but sometimes too much cheese can ruin the experience. This was perfect. I wasn't getting a mouthful of sauce or cheese. They complimented each other nicely. Furthermore the dough was cooked to perfection. I got a nice hint of a butter flavor in the crust but not so much that it felt like it was dipped in butter. It was just a hint of a butter taste to me. I'm not saying they definitely put butter in their crust, I'm just saying that's what it tasted like to me and it was great. It also didn't taste doughy. They made it with the right amount of dough that all the components were in sync with each other. 
Price wise, I felt that the prices were reasonable. We got a large pizza and two drinks for $21. Compared to most places we've gone to, we've been charged more for less. 
I would definitely visit there again especially to try some new things like their wild variety of tacos including a cactus taco. If you're ever in the Lancaster area, stop by Oregon Pike and grab a bite to eat at Highland's Pizzeria. It'll satisfy those hunger cravings for the right price!

Comments

Popular Posts