Restaurant Review: Bruno's


It took long enough but there's a business that finally took over the location of the old Donut Heaven Cafe on N. Queen Street in Lancaster City and that is Bruno's. I decided to try it one Friday evening as I've never been to A Bruno's. The first I've heard of Bruno's was at my Team Captain University event with Relay for Life.
Sadly this place is not very crowded. Having just opened, I think it has some tough competition because about 2-3 doors down is Grub 'n' Stuff followed by Brooklyn Pizza however I don't think this is their problem. I will talk about the food first then get back to how they can draw the crowd in.
I stepped into the store which had one person in there when I arrived. There are two people in the kitchen, one of whom took my order. They ask you how you want your sandwich. I ordered a large cheesesteak with provolone cheese and mushrooms to go. It cost around $9-$10 but was so worth it.
Once I got home I tore into it and it was so juicy. The steak had a very distinct taste to it. It didn't taste like other steaks I've had. This literally tasted like they chose the best piece of beef and dressed it for your pleasure. Would I order from there again? Of course! Unfortunately they're not open very long during the weekdays. They tend to close by 2pm and thus when I get done work, they're closed. I feel this makes it difficult to let people know you're there. Most of us are working during the day, not getting done until the early evening. Since they're relatively close to the bus station, I think they should consider staying opening into the evening too. Maybe open at noon until 7pm or something like that.
The staff is very friendly as well. It's pleasant, I just wish more people knew it was there. I think they need to have a grand opening party or special event in there that will draw people in. Have samples outside or give out coupons. I am even considering taking advantage of their fundraising opportunity for Relay for Life to get people to go. Their sandwiches are delicious and I'd like to see them stick around for a while. So remember to stop by Bruno's on the corner of Walnut and N. Queen near the bus station. Delicious food and friendly staff, how could you go wrong?
They put a smile on my face!

Comments

Popular Posts