Poor Man's Recipe #1

For the majority of us who are struggling financially and have little to work with in terms of food. Here's a little lunch I put together. It's probably the healthiest thing I've eaten so far since, well, money's been tight. My boyfriend and I are relying on pantries and sometimes they give you things you need to buy to make but I got creative a bit with this one.
I made little tuna salad boats. I used Old El Paso mini tortilla boats since we don't have bread. I simply mixed the 1 can of tuna with mayonnaise and placed a leaf of lettuce on top. It's nothing fancy but like I said, when you don't have enough food at home you have to use what you have. No this is not a chef's specialty but on the bright side, once I am financially in tune again I'll find ways to spoof this up.

What kind of poor man recipes can you come up with? I'd love for you to share with me and a photo if possible. I'll be starting an email list soon and would love to feature your poor man recipes as well!

Comments

Popular Posts