Restaurant Review: Metro Diner

Metro Diner: Best Diner in Lancaster!
Lyndon Diner and Park City Diner cannot hold a flame to this diner here. Metro Diner is not a 24 hour diner but I feel that makes it more appealing. It keeps you wanting more and rushing in for some great food. 
My husband and I decided to try them about a month ago. The first meal we had there was lunch. My husband had one of the lunch specials that day, the jalapeno burger and I had their French Dip sandwich. I was kicking myself because the jalapeno burger was soooo amazing. It was juicy, full of flavor and had an awesome kick of spiciness. The dip sandwich I had was also very good but my husband ALWAYS orders the greatest food no matter where we go. We have visited Metro Diner at least 6-7 times already. My favorite meal there thus far was their chicken alfredo. I was worried about trying their chicken alfredo because the week before, I ordered the same meal at Lyndon Diner and the pasta was swimming in alfredo sauce. It was very sickening and the chicken clearly was from one of those pre-cut chicken packages because it was cold, also drowning in alfredo sauce. I couldn't eat the rest of it because it made my stomach upset. One thing I've learned especially from cooking, you do not want to make any kind of alfredo where the pasta and protein are drowning in the sauce. It makes it mushy and unappetizing. 
Much to my delight, Metro Diner's chicken alfredo blew me away. The portion of sauce to pasta and protein was perfect. On top was a nice bed of diced tomatoes and sprinkled parmesan cheese. It was delicious. I felt my stomach smile, my taste buds come alive, and completely satisfied. Two generous servings of REAL garlic bread. It's food like that that keeps us coming back. There has not been one thing that I ordered from the menu that I didn't like. Metro has become our favorite place to dine. The staff is so friendly that it's like we're returning home each time we go in. It's like seeing family. When you're in the Lancaster area, you need to travel past the outlets and visit Metro Diner. (They also have an awesome chicken and waffles platter that features their own homemade strawberry butter!) I support this establishment 100% and I can't wait until our next visit! Chicken and waffles here I come!

Comments

Popular Posts