Poor Man's Recipe #11: Treasure from the Pantry

Treasure from the Pantry
Ingredients: kale, rosemary, feta cheese, canned chicken
Back to the food pantries we go! When food dwindles down, so does your options. Here is a quick, healthy fix I put together for my lunch today. This really is super simple.
Cook some kale in a pan adding rosemary and butter. Set the kale aside and cook the canned chicken with sprinkles of garlic powder.
As every recipe I've made that involves cheese, use as much feta cheese as you'd like.
I used about 4 teaspoons of feta on top of the kale then topped it with chicken. It's quick, easy and if you're trying to cut down your carbs like I am, it's healthier for you. I would've added almonds for a nice crunch but I ate the almonds as a snack the other day.
All the ingredients are from a local food pantry. As I've said before, you need to work with what you got and I must say, this did turn out pretty tasty.

Comments

Popular Posts