Restaurant Review: Golden Corral

Restaurant: Golden Coral Buffet
Location: Lincoln Highway East

On October 18, I visited the Golden Corral for the first time with my mom, boyfriend, and best friend. When we first entered, we were not greeted. All that was said was "Get your drink and then you pay" by the cashier. Having been in retail for 5+ years, you should always greet customers in a friendly manner. For instance, "Good evening and welcome to the Golden Corral. Is this your first time here? Well, choose your drink and then we'll take care of you." Furthermore it cost $65 for 4 people which is overpriced for this place. The food was third rate at best and certainly not worth $65.
The wait staff were much friendlier than those behind the lines and the cashier. The only thing I did enjoy were the mash potatoes and steak. Besides that it was nothing exciting. I was very disappointed especially for a birthday dinner and for the price. I had heard nothing but good things about the Golden Corral but it was a great disappointment. My boyfriend was disappointed because it was the first Golden Corral he had been to in years. I'd be surprised if this place lasts very long. If you're going to go to a buffet, you're better off spending your money at Shady Maple. It's well worth your money and always has something for everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts