Little Tips in Learning the Craft of Cooking, No Shame!

Good afternoon! It's my lunch break and I want to share some tips with you on how you can improve your cooking. You don't have to go on a television show to pick these tips up. You can get this knowledge from the comfort of your own home.

Tip #1: Food Network
There is no better place to learn than the Food Network. Why? Because they have the best chefs on their channel; the beloved Bobby Flay, Rachel Ray, and Anne Burrell just to name a few. One of the key shows I recommend you watch is "Worst Cooks in America." True that it's entertaining but I've also learned some techniques myself which I've never thought to do before such as cooking skin down with chicken. I'm not a worst cook in America but trust me, I am open for learning different techniques and recipes!

Tip #2: Use Your Palette
Thankfully the experiments I do tend to pan out and it's all thanks to my palette. Taste your food, embrace the flavors. One thing I've noticed is that I have a talent for combining flavors. For instance the spice apple chicken I made, I knew I wanted to use the new spiced apple wine I purchased from Chadds Ford but then I had to think what seasoning can I put on the chicken that will compliment that wine? Well we can't go too strong, we just want the right amount of seasoning. So you want to sprinkle just a bit as to not have one flavor overpower the other. The basil and ginger gives that nice crisp fall taste along with the cinnamon apple flavor from the wine. I felt the chicken was too plain with just those ingredients so I want to put some cheese on top for different texture and a "BAM" as Emeril would say, taste. Mozzarella would be too strong a cheese (and we didn't have any) but goat cheese has a smooth texture and a bland flavor which is why it complements fruit and other flavors so much. Goat cheese is easy to infuse with good flavor. Just remember, it's okay to experiment but use your palette to guide you.

Tip #3: Attend Food Parties
By food parties I mean Pampered Chef. Some of my kitchen tools and cookware come from Pampered Chef. The garlic peeler and can opener are two of my favorite products from Pampered Chef. Not only that but we have great little recipe books to create healthier, faster meals with easy ingredients and a chance to practice using their awesome products.
Another great food party is for Tastefully Simple. They are primarily food products such as seasonings and meal kits. If you're not comfortable cooking or just learning, this may make you more comfortable plus their products taste awesome. They have dips, soups, and more. It's important to go to parties like Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple because you learn about different tools and get used to knowing what your making (ingredients). It also wets your appetite for cooking and a great time with friends!

They are all my tips for now. Stay tuned for more recipes and fun eats!

Comments

Popular Posts